2-DAY TACTICAL PISTOL COURSE
$525.00 tuition fee (includes 16 hours instruction and a certificate of completion.)
This course is designed to teach the pistol handling skills required in a tactical environment. It emphasizes surgical marksmanship and the mastering of basic skills. It gives the shooter the skills, training mindset and methodology necessary to train themselves. The following areas are discussed during the course:
- Fundamentals of Pistol Marksmanship
- The Draw and proper Presentation to the target
- Shooting Positions
- Multiple Shots
- Multiple Targets
- Set-up and Shooting on the Move
- Shooting from Barricades & Covered Positions
- Training methodology and drills
Ammo Requirements: 1200 rounds of pistol ammunition.
Training Schedule: Show time is 0730 with instruction starting at 8am and ending at 5pm.
- Pistol with 3 magazines
- Belt with holster and magazine pouches
- Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Eye and Ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water / Snacks / Lunch (We’ll take an hour lunch break around noon. Lunch can also be purchased at fast food restaurants within a 10 mile radius of the range.)
- Sun Screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
** We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt that you don’t mind getting dirty.
Prerequisite: (one of the following)
- Successful completion of TRC Introductory Pistol or Introductory Carbine
- Active Law Enforcement or Military
- USPSA “C” Classification or higher
- IDPA Sharpshooter Classification or higher
TRC requires applicants for training to submit documentation of responsibility before being accepted as students. Each prospective student must submit the credentials applicable to the course of instruction desired and include the credentials with the completed enrollment form.
For all courses:
- Copy of current driver's license.
For all firearms courses:
- Evidence of current Active Duty Military (Photo copy ID card)
- OR Evidence of current employment with Local, State or Federal Law Enforcement Agency
- OR Evidence of no felony criminal history from a law enforcement agency on agency letterhead or photocopy of current Concealed Weapons. (The Range Complex can conduct a criminal background check if this cannot be obtained from local LE office).
- Credentials can be faxed to 910-569-0049 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If cancellation is made 30 days or more prior to the scheduled course start date, a full refund of money paid will be made.
- If cancellation is made less than 30 days prior to the scheduled course start date, The Range Complex will charge a $50.00 cancellation fee.
- No refunds will be provided for no-shows or drops from training.
Statement of Eligibility
I hereby certify by my signature that I have no criminal convictions that prevent me from legally possessing, owning or purchasing firearms.
I further certify that I have no official or unofficial history of mental illness or substance abuse and that I meet the prerequisites listed for the course.
I further certify I have never been affiliated with or belong to any gang or other illegal organization involved or engaged in any illegal activities. This includes international or domestic terrorist organizations.
I further certify that my only purpose for seeking the training, which I have requested TRC to provide me, is so that I may better be prepared to provide lawful service to my employer or in performing lawful acts for my own use.
The Range Complex's training programs depend upon the careful control of each student’s cooperation regarding safety issues; therefore, I understand that my instruction may be terminated at any time if my conduct is not deemed satisfactory at the sole discretion of the staff.
That I will abide meticulously by any and all safety procedures required, and that I agree to sign a statement releasing The Range Complex, LLC, from any injury I may sustain during the program.